National Validation Workshop on NDC
The National Commission for Women and Children (NCWC) conducted a National Validation Workshop on "In depth Analysis of Gender in three Nationally Determined Contributions Sectors Agriculture, Waste and Energy". The Validation Workshop was attended by Hon'ble Secretary of National Environment Commission, Resident Representative UNDP, Dasho Dzongrab Thimphu Dzongkhag Administration, Gender Focal Points, Gender Expert Group members and representatives from government organizations, Non-Government Organizations, Civil Society Organizations and Private Sectors.
The National Commission for Women and Children in collaboration with the National Environment Commission is implementing the "Gender Responsive Nationally Determined Contributions in Bhutan". The in-depth study which was conducted as part of the project aimed towards understanding the interlinkages between gender and Climate Change in these three sectors; Agriculture, Waste and Energy as well as the gender-climate action (mitigation and adaptation) nexus. The study also aims to provide information on gender differentiated impacts of Climate Change in these sectors and to come up with concrete recommendations.
The study was led by National Commission for Women and Children with TA and funding support from UNDP, Bhutan.
- "Empowering Communities to Address Violence Against Children" A pilot project in 3 Dzongkhags
- Training of Thimphu Thromde Community Mentors and School Trainers on the Dekyid Thuendrel- Parenting without Violence Toolkit
- Orientation and Coordination Meeting with Community Members.
- Pilot test on the Parenting without Violence (PwV)Toolkit in Thimphu
- Training on Introduction to Basic Concepts, Methods and tools for Gender Mainstreaming
- Specialized Service Providers ( counselors )
- Four-day Booster Training for the facilitators of the Gakey Lamtoen: Bhutan's GBV Prevention Project
- Public Appeal
- Selection result for the post of a Counselor
- International Women's Day
- COVID19 Impact on Women and Children Study
- Re announcement of vacancy for the Program Officer
- The shortlisted candidates for the post of Assistant Counselor
- Vacancy Announcement for Program Officer
- 42nd birth anniversary of His Majesty